1. Last chance: Today is the last day to see the holiday play at Lamb’s Players Theatre. It’s Christmas and It’s Live! will be ending today, so be sure to catch the last performance at 8 p.m. Tickets are $28-$58.
2. More Kwanzaa: It’s the fourth day of Kwanzaa and Balboa Park has set up another celebration. Enjoy Ujamaa, or copperative economics. Learn to “build and maintain our stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them together.” The celebration starts at 6 p.m. and will include a lecture by filmmaker M.K. Asante Jr.
3. Reserve a spot: Another reminder to save a spot for you and your sweetie for the New Year’s Eve celebration at the Del. If you already have plans for NYE, you can make reservations for a champagne brunch at the Del on Saturday, Jan. 1. Save your spot today and make this New Year one to remember.
4. Skate by the sea: Spend some time with the kids and take them skating at the rink on the ocean. The Hotel Del’s Windsor Lawn has been transformed into an icy pond with a great view of the Pacific. Matinee times for skating are 11 a.m.–1 p.m. and are $5 off the normal price. Don’t forget skate rentals are $5!
5. Need a resolution? It’s that time of year when we start thinking (probably too hard) about what we will resolve in the year to come. Perhaps the most popular choice each year is to get in shape. This year, make your resolution one that pays it forward. Try volunteering around town—the library, the playhouse, the visitor center or the hospital. Donating your time not only helps out your community and its well-being, but it’s a resolution that’s easy to stick to and makes you feel good about yourself.