According to a KPBS article the award-winning Broadway show Book of Mormon will come to San Diego in May, 2014, but “Broadway San Diego has not set a date for when tickets will go on sale.”
The show on Broadway often sells out of tickets five months in advance.
The season also includes:
- Priscilla Queen of the Desert, which won a Tony Award for costumes, is about a trio of friends on a road trip through the Australian outback, opens Oct. 15.
- Evita, about former Argentine first lady Eva Peron, is set to start on Nov. 12.
- Million Dollar Quartet, opening Dec. 3, about a one-night recording session that included Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley.
- The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber, which starts June 24, includes musical excerpts from Cats, The Phantom of the Opera, Evita, and Jesus Christ Superstar, and
- Once, opening Aug. 12, featuring a romance between a Dublin street musician and a beautiful woman.
– City News Service contributed to this report.
Would you see Book of Mormon in downtown San Diego? Do you think it’s offensive to Mormons? Tell us your opinions in the comments section below.